Katie Rae, Managing Director, TechStars Boston @ktrae
David Cohen, Executive and founder, TechStars @davidcohen
They have support from the MassChallenge (Scott Bailey @scottbaileyBTV) and DogPatchLabs (Gus Weber @gweber) crew, love when simliar objective organizations help each other!
- Early deadline was encouraged
- Extra opportunity for TechStars to hang out with the founders and teams
- When you're around exceptional people/companies, it makes you want to be great(er)
- Amazing awesome mentors in different industries
- Mentors want you to succeed
$18k upfront common stock (6% of valuation)
$100k convertible note option (only if you need it)
More FAQs at http://www.techstars.com/program/faqs/
- Post Demo Day - unique opportunity from 300-700 investors who show up to Demo Day
- David loves bootstrapping companies
TechStars does not discriminate on age. Accepted entrepreneurs ranged from a 16 yr old to 62 yr old!
Tweet David or Katie with the code word "Pomegranate" and receive a special prize.
Read why Kinvey loves TechStars http://bostinnovation.com/2011/10/17/how-to-get-into-techstars-boston/
Read why PromoBoxx loves TechStars http://bostinnovation.com/2011/10/27/from-rejected-to-techstars-to-funded/