At 7AM, things were very quiet, with hustle bustle of the awesome MassTLC team getting things together in anticipation of a record-setting 850+ attendees.
At 9AM this empty room will be chock-a-block with the movers and shakers, presenters and lurkers, who’ll participate in the individual sessions that will take place at 4 separate times starting at 10:15 and going through 3:30
What happens at the initial session is attendees line up behind each other and announce their intention (e.g. I’m going to do a session on the pros & cons of outsourcing sliced bread SaaS applications vs. in-house hacking).
Presenters then put up descriptions of the sessions (written on 8x11 paper) into an available time slot on one of the big boards:
Here’s the Session 1 Board (before any sessions have been added):
I’ll post a follow-up pic later today when it’s filled!
Tips for Would-Be Presenters:
· Pick something that is really of public interest (don’t pimp your own product).
· Choose a catchy title
· Line up others (from other organizations) as co-presenters
For your Piece of Paper:
· Think first about all you need to put on your session description --- topic, presenters (make room for all)
· Write Large (so it can be seen)
· Write Legibly (so it can be read)
Gotta go… people coming in.