Top Individual Awards to David Aldrich of Skyworks Solutions, Inc. for CEO, Naomi Fried of Boston Children's Hospital for Emerging Exec, and Dries Buytaert of Acquia for CTO; Company of the Year Awarded to HubSpot (Private) andathenahealth (Public)
Governor Deval Patrick, Hugh Herr, Perkins School for the Blind, and Winchester High Computer Science Teacher Given Special Recognition for Contributions to Massachusetts' Innovation Economy
Established leaders and promising newcomers to the Massachusetts innovation economy were recognized at the MassTLC Annual Leadership Awards Gala on September 11, 2014. The main ballroom at Boston's Westin Waterfront hotel played host to hundreds of the region's top tech executives, community leaders, media members and business luminaries as the winners in 16 categories were announced. Four additional honors were also given for growing, changing, and inspiring lives through developing and promoting technology in the region. They included:
The 2014 Commonwealth Award: Governor Deval L. Patrick. MassTLC recognized Governor Patrick for his leadership in refocusing the priorities and brand of Massachusetts around an "innovation agenda" for the future.
Distinguished Leadership Awards:
- Hugh Herr, Director, Biomechatronics Research Group, MIT Media Lab
- The Perkins School for the Blind
- David Petty, Computer Science Teacher, Winchester High School
The 17th annual MassTLC Leadership Awards shines a spotlight on the vibrancy of the state's position as both pioneer and leader in technologies that are fueling Massachusetts' economy and changing the world. Other Leadership Award winners were selected from hundreds of nominations, as judged by panels of executives, investors, analysts, media and thought leaders in each of the 16 categories.
Winners in each of the 16 categories were:
- CEO of the Year: David Aldrich, Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
- CTO of the Year: Dries Buytaert, Acquia
- Emerging Executive of the Year: Naomi Fried, Boston Children's Hospital
- Private Company of the Year: HubSpot
- Public Company of the Year: athenahealth
- Start-up to Watch: RailPod
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Big Data: Pixability, Inc. for their data software
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Cloud: Content Raven for their cloud-based content distribution platform
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Education Technology: Listen Current for their custom lesson plans
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Healthcare and Life Sciences: MC10 for Biostamp sensing systems
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Internet of Things: Axeda for Axeda Private Cloud
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Mobile Applications: Openbay for Openbay's mobile app
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Mobile Technology: Globoforce for Globoforce mobile
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Robotics: CyPhy Works, Inc. for PARC
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Sales & Marketing: Jebbit for the Jebbit platform
- Innovative Technology of the Year - Security: CloudLock for CloudLock
Click here to view the full list of finalists online.