Jim Daniell, COO, Oxfam America1. Why Boston?
I fell in love with Boston in 1989. When my wife and I met in DC years later, we both said that Boston was our ideal home. In 1997, we relocated back to Boston for the third time to stay. For most of my career I have wanted to make Boston the best place to start and grow a tech company.
2. What's the one word to describe how people will feel after leaving your New Co session?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you and why?
I'd go with Z. I have a dark and twisted side that keeps me sane.
4. What movie, no matter how many times you've seen it, do you have to watch when it's on?
The Princess Bride. There are so many memorable one-liners.
5. In the past few months, what is the smallest change you made that had the biggest positive result?
I stopped nagging my teenage son about his homework and he just started doing it with a corresponding rise in grades. Go figure.
6. If you could have a beer with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, of course.
7. What's your spirit animal?
I am clearly a dog as there is not a tennis ball in the world that I will not chase. Squirrels, not so much.
About Oxfam: Oxfam America is a global organization working to right the wrongs of poverty, hunger, and injustice. As one of 17 members of the international Oxfam confederation, we work with people in more than 90 countries to create lasting solutions. Oxfam saves lives, develops long-term solutions to poverty, and campaigns for social change.
Want to learn more? Visit Jim Daniell and see the Oxfam America office firsthand during NewCo Boston on April 27, 2016!
Session Time: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Session Title: Turning the Humanitarian System on its Head