Tom Erickson, CEO & Co-founder, Acquia
1. Why Boston?
Acquia's founders are panAtlantic. Boston is an ideal location for building a global company.
2. What’s the one word to describe how people will feel after leaving your New Co session?
It's amazing that a company like that can be built based on free, open source software.
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you and why?
7. I have conventional attributes like love of family, travel, food, wine and photography. But I should have been a hippie. I still use an email address with the domain twohippies.com
4. What business would you love to start?
A non profit to help underprivileged / underexposed youth get in to STEM
5. If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?
Sweet Baby James by James Taylor. A song for dreamers.
6. If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?
One of my sons would play me. They would have the best insight into the complex being that I am
About Acquia: Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed.
Want to learn more? Meet Tom Erickson and the Acquia team during NewCo Boston on April 27!
Session Time: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM