Diane Hessan, CEO, Startup Institute
1. Why Boston?
Brilliant people, collaborative business environment, gorgeous city with a great baseball team -- and it keeps me young.
2. What's the one word to describe how people will feel after leaving your New Co session?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you and why?
2 - I think I am fairly normal, other than the fact that I have an uncanny ability to find typos.
4. What movie, no matter how many times you've seen it, do you have to watch when it's on?
When Harry Met Sally. I'll have what she's having.
5. What trophy do you want on your mantle?
6. What did you miss in the interview for the worst hire you ever made?
I missed that she was lying to me for the entire 45 minutes.
7. What's your spirit animal?
I have actually had a shaman do this for me, and my spirit animal is a beaver. Don't laugh.
About StartUp Institute: We’ll help you leverage your passions and build the technical skills, culture skills, and network that will launch you into the innovation industry in the areas of web development, web design, technical marketing, or sales and account management.
Want to learn more? Meet the StartUp Institute team during NewCo Boston on April 27, 2016!
Session Time: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Session Title: Hiring for Culture Fit: How to Find Top Talent & How to Be the Talent